Welcome to digi_icons! LIMS stands for Last Icon Maker Standing. It is a competition where icon-makers compete to become the last icon maker standing aka they are able to go through several weeks of challenges and thus being the only one still remaining. But the icons need to be related to digimon.
This icontest is moderated by trickle, mochaa & silhouettedwing. Much thanks to the mods @ disney_hush for coming up with the original idea of LIMS.
We are currently commencing Round Two :)
1. Elimination is a natural process in LIMS. Please don't whine or start complaining or bash the mod or do anything childish if you're eliminated. Everyone is likely to be eliminated unless you are the lucky winner. Please don't participate if you can't handle elimination.
2. LIMS goes the same way like an icontest. Every week, a mod will give one or two themes for you to work with. You can choose to work with one or both themes in your icons. Your icon must at least follow one theme.
3. Icons should be 100x100 pixels and should follow LJ userpic regulations. That means no animated icons unless they are under 40kbs.
4. Please don't post your icon anywhere else BEFORE the challenge is over. If you do, I will disqualify you indefinitely.
5. Submit your icon punctually, there will be no excuses except the skip. Each participant is entitled ONE skip. If you do not submit your icon on time, I will assume you are using your skip. If you do not have anymore skips left, you are disqualified.
6. When submitting your icons, please follow this format:
DO NOT HOTLINK IMAGES. UPLOAD IMAGES TO YOUR OWN SERVER SUCH AS PHOTOBUCKET.
7. Challenges are frequently posted on Sunday Night/Monday Afternoon. I follow the GMT+8 timezone. Voting starts on Friday Night/Saturday Afternoon. Winners are posted around the same time as Challenges. If you have any queries on the time, please ask questions on the challenge post :)
8. When voting, you will need to vote for your (depending at time of round)) least favourite icon & favourite icon. Providing an explanation is compulsory. Please do not provide the explanation as I like Yamato. Vote on technique and style, not on preferences. If I find that your vote is too biased/unsuitable, we will not include your vote.
IF YOU GET YOUR FRIENDS TO VOTE FOR YOU THEN I WILL DISQUALIFY YOU IMMEDIATELY.
This will be considered cheating.
You may not vote for your own icon.
9. Every week, there will be a special category, please include that in your vote. Mod's Choice is also included. All winners will receive a banner if you would like one. We will get back to you ASAP.
Winners of favourite icon/special category/mod's choice and if you were eliminated can request for a banner.
LIMS winners will receive a banner at the end of the respective round.
I would very much like to give the winner a paid account but i'm afraid i do not have a credit card :/ If anyone would like to donate one, please contact me :)
userinfo: rangan_ryu @ sakusei
Want to become a affiliate? Comment here